Become a Member
Become a member of the leading immigrant rights coalition in Florida!
FLIC’s exceptional membership includes community-based organizations, student groups, farmworker associations, legal advocates, unions, service providers, and others. We work together to protect our communities from detention and deportation, to protect the rights of immigrant workers, to promote pro-immigrant laws and access to education for immigrant youth, to assist immigrants in their path to citizenship, and to increase civic participation and economic opportunities for our communities.
There are two ways to become a FLIC member, as an individual or as an organization:
Membership for Individuals
What are Individual Member benefits?
- Participate in all our activities, trainings, and events
- Receive the Coalition’s newsletter and other important up-to-date information
- Participate in our Annual FLIC Congress and vote in ballot initiatives that define the direction and scope of our collective work
What are my duties?
- Support FLIC’s mission, vision, and overall goals
- Pay annual membership dues ($10 per month or $40 annually)
Membership for Organizations
Organizations that wish to join our coalition must submit a membership application to be reviewed and approved by our Board of Directors.
What are Organizational Member rights?
- Nominate and elect the Board of Directors.
- Define the structure of FLIC, its direction, and the use of resources. This process is done in person at FLIC Congress or by absentee ballot
- Understand, define, and participate in FLIC’s work which includes members exercising rights, enjoying benefits, and fulfilling responsibilities
- Attend the Annual Congress to vote on organizational priorities and to elect Board members.
- Pay annual membership dues and help raise funds and other resources
- Represent the Coalition in a responsible way, reaching out to new communities, helping to increase membership in underrepresented sectors of the population