Visit the website: www.drivesafeflorida.org
Currently, Florida law requires that immigration status be a determinant of a person’s eligibility of a license. Because of this, the number of unlicensed drivers occupying our roads totals to about one million, which amounts to roughly 15% of our state’s driving population. This means that there are thousands of drivers out on the roads without training or certification.
If Florida requires every driver to apply for a Driver’s License, all Floridians will benefit from:
• Safer roads because all drivers will be required to take a driving test
• More drivers will be covered by car insurance
• Lower insurance premiums for all Floridians
• Increased revenue to our state because there will be new drivers paying fees to register their car, take a driving test and renew their tag
• A boost to our local economy because licensed drivers can more easily purchase vehicles and car insurance
All Floridians should be able to drive their kids to school, go to church or visit the doctor, and do so on safer roads. It makes sense.
It makes so much sense that 11 other states have passed similar legislation to make driver’s licenses a requirement for all drivers: California, Colorado, Connecticut, Illinois, Nevada, New Mexico, Oregon, Utah, Vermont, Washington, Maryland and Washington D.C.
Sign the petition! Firma nuestra petición!
Endorse our campaign!
If you are an elected official, a member of an organization or a business owner, you can endorse the campaign by signing this letter. You can download clicking on the links below and then send it signed to us at 2800 Biscayne Boulevard Suite 800, Miami, Fl 33137.