SOUTH FLORIDA REGIONAL ORGANIZER (FULL TIME)
Detail of Responsibilities:
- Develop a base of directly impacted people that would passionately advance the work of immigrant justice.
- Foster and track mutual growth in existing member relationships through intentional 1 on 1s, collective consciousness-building and trainings.
- Evaluate the level of commitment and capacity in members in order to properly support their growth and leadership.
- Identify local issues and make deliberate decisions on the level of commitment that would best fit the program and long term vision.
- Lead and support on integrated civic engagement and service models that would elevate community awareness and participation in the democratic process.
- Strategically engage, align, and mobilize membership on advocacy and implementation of policies that reflect our values at the local, state, and federal level.
- Cultivate relationships with strategic allies and partners in order to expand reach and uplift opportunities for intersectional capacity building.
- Plan and host a dynamically engaging annual regional membership meeting that would promote collective power-building and alignment in the region.
- Support the curriculum development and implementation of the coalition’s conscious-building political education programs.
- Consult participants on the content, facilitation, and engagement level of workshops to evaluate impact and areas for growth.
- Identify, train, and support facilitators in membership-led workshops.
- Support communication and awareness campaigns that educate communities on current political context and action.
- Alignment with FLIC values and mission: Committed to an ideology of building community power and shares FLIC’s commitment to membership grassroots decision making.
- Experience in coalition, labor, or grassroots organizing, at least 1 year.
- Is politically conscious about intersectional causes of oppression and resistance, can work and connect with other social justice issues and links our state and national work to transnational focus.
- Ability to recruit, coordinate, and engage large mobilizations towards action.
- Ability to be flexible and work in a fast-paced environment while problem solving in order to meet priorities.
- Self-motivated and disciplined in planning and tracking priorities, with attention to detail, for bi weekly reporting.
- Comfortable in working and contributing to a highly collaborative and diverse team.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office programs such as Word, PowerPoint, and Excel, as well as Google based collaborative Docs, Sheets, Forms, and Slides.
- Dedicated and able to work flexible hours which may include evenings and weekends.
- Must be willing to travel for statewide meetings and trainings at least once a month
How to Apply:
Send resume and cover letter to HR@floridaimmigrant.org
The Florida Immigrant Coalition is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Women, trans, queer, and people of color are encouraged to apply.
FLIC Votes: Political Director (Full Time)
FLIC Votes is an independent, non-partisan organization that seeks to defend democracy by shaping an active and conscious electorate so that it more closely reflects the diverse populations of Florida.
The Political Director manages long-term strategic thinking about how FLIC Votes and its partners can use political engagement to build sustainable power in historically marginalized communities.
The Political Director will manage all aspects of FLIC’s statewide voter engagement program with an understanding of comprehensive campaigns and field operations to implement culturally appropriate capacity building activities and civic engagement opportunities with and for partners and in the field.
- Develop and strengthen FLIC Votes’ Political Department, including identifying strategic opportunities for growth and success, as well as managing challenges; Manage FLIC and FLIC Votes’ Democracy Program; Oversee development of statewide political plan by working with partners in the planning, implementation, and evaluation of voter engagement and political programs;
- Provide high-level strategic advice to Executive Directors on Voter Engagement program development including long-term strategy and growth, targeting, electoral, legislative and ballot initiative opportunities; Develop and implement strategies and build infrastructure to conduct field canvass and phone bank operations in South and Central Florida.
- Execute voter engagement plans and monitor progress of measurable outcomes towards programmatic goals and objectives in terms of phone banks, canvassing, and other voter turnout /engagement activities, including management of partnerships with local partners for successful implementation.
- Ensure Voter Database development and management to serve campaign needs. Support Site Coordinators to produce, use and track appropriate data. Develop and oversee data, reporting, and quality control systems statewide.
- Raise and manage resources to support the departmental budget;
- Grow the team by recruiting and hiring new staff for the Civic Engagementand; Provide supervision and coaching, including performance related feedback, training and support, work planning and appropriate delegation of responsibilities and work.
- Support alliance building and membership development to sustain productive internal and external relationships and promote Florida Votes.
- Coordinate with other departments within the organization to ensure that the political program aligns with FLIC Votes’ broader strategy, particularly close coordination with issue campaign leads and organizing team.
- Represent FLIC Votes in key tables, coalitions, and meetings with allies and national partners;
- Significant experience managing staff, raising political money, developing political campaign goals and strategies, and working effectively with community-based organizations. Three or more years in leadership positions in political campaigns, field, and canvass operations covering numerous geographic regions and contacting tens of thousands of voters.
- Has a strong political network and relationships with leaders within progressive landscape; Experience working in diverse communities and with grassroots organizations; Ability to work within a coalition of diverse organizations and partners.
- Experience managing large scale or statewide political or voter engagement campaigns; Independent and strong leader that is able to drive project and programs to completion in fast-paced environment;
- Experience developing or managing candidate endorsement process;
- Experience working with a PAC would be beneficial, but not necessary;
- Familiarity with political data, latest technologies, and best practices in the field;
- Strong management and supervisory skills are required. S/he will have successful experience leading and managing diverse staff and working with ethnically and culturally diverse populations and will have intellectual drive, a progressive outlook, and the entrepreneurial spirit to effectively conduct campaigns.
- Candidates must be able to work within a team, have proven leadership ability and an orientation towards handling many responsibilities.
- Strong interpersonal, results-focused, motivational skills, work ethic, and desire for political change are essential.
- Self-motivated – proven ability to work independently; and
- Background and commitment to social justice work and demonstrate a strong personal commitment to FLIC Votes mission and values.
- Experience in building and maintaining multi-sector alliances preferred.
- Strong analytical skills, excellent written and verbal communication, and organizational skills.
- Computer skills: working knowledge of campaign databases including the Voter Activation Network, word processing, google drive, spreadsheets, and multimedia presentation software.
- Willing to have significant travel schedule
- English fluency required, other language desirable (Spanish and/or Haitian Creole).
- Prior knowledge and experience working in Florida and selected regions is a plus.
- Familiarity with 501(c)4 and 501(c)3 non-profit rules a plus
- This position is located in Miami and requires travel
Salary: 60K + competitive benefits package
How to Apply:
Send a resume, cover letter, and references to email@example.com
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. FLIC is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and encourages applications from all qualified people, including women, people of color, persons with disabilities, and LGBTQ individuals.