Florida Immigrant Coalition seeks an experienced and intrepid fundraiser and grant writer responsible for identifying, cultivating and securing a diverse base of financial support for an agile and growing immigrant rights movement in Florida. Candidate should have high standards of excellence, be mission driven and comfortable with achieving a $1,000,000 goal per year. Solid writing skills, ability to work with others and attention to detail, including deadlines are ideal traits.
Location: Anywhere in Florida
Salary: Commensurate with experience
- Research, review, writing and editing of organizational proposals for funding from private donors, public foundation, and/or institutional donors.
- Maintain current foundation portfolio by preparing and submitting grant renewal requests and reports of existing grants in collaboration with Directors and program staff.
- Identify and submit monthly solicitations to new potential sources of support in order to grow the portfolio.
- Manage collaborative relationships with partner organizations for joint fundraising, when applicable or with program staff as needed.
- Take the lead on organizing quarterly, special project events with defined monetary and list-building goals as well as political education and cultural community building purposes.
- Insure proper data management, record keeping and acknowledgement of funders, donors, members and partners.
- Coordinate organizational fundraising events and cultivate relationships with individual donors (to include membership).
- Work closely with FLIC member groups to implement an existing “friendraising” plan, developing an expanding resource base with community support from individuals, businesses and churches.
- Individual must share a commitment to the organization’s mission and have a minimum of 3 years of experience with grant writing.
- Strong written communication skills; ability to write clear, structured, articulate, and persuasive proposals; strong editing skills.
- Previous experience with diverse fundraising strategies, including special events and individual donor solicitation.
- Experience working in deadline-driven environments.
- Experience with proposal writing and institutional donors.
- Position will require the ability to travel locally and work occasional evenings and weekends.
How to Apply
Send your resume and cover letter to HR@floridaimmigrant.org with the subject line “Application for Development Manager”. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
# # #
The Florida Immigrant Coalition (FLIC) is a non-profit organization whose mission is to amplify the power of immigrant communities to impact the root causes of inequality, defending and protecting basic human rights, including the right to live without fear.
FLIC is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and encourages applications from all qualified people, including women, people of color, persons with disabilities, and LGBTQ individuals.