State Organizer We Are All America
The Florida Immigrant Coalition (FLIC) is a non-profit organization whose mission is to amplify the power of immigrant communities to impact the root causes of inequality, defending and protecting basic human rights, including the right to live without fear.
The State Organizer will dedicate their time in a statewide coordination of the We Are All America’s efforts to train leaders, convene various stakeholders, and oversee actions that directly educate policymakers, build grassroots support, sustain grass-tops leadership, and foster welcoming practices.
The ideal candidate will have a strong vision and desire to build statewide plan addressing refugees’ rights and needs, and will have knowledge of the refugee service providers, and also is experienced in developing, managing programs that leverage community involvement and impact at the local/state level. This position is for someone with extensive experience in community building, strategic policy campaigns, planning, and collaboration. The candidate will be committed to furthering FLIC’s and WAAA’s objectives and mission.
Detail of Responsibilities
- Campaign Development, Execution and Oversight
- Create a state table of organizations and community leaders – including immigrants, refugees, and asylum seekers – to develop and coordinate communications, organizing, and advocacy activities
- Working to provide training and support to newcomer leaders and allies so they can participate effectively in campaign activities
- Working with local groups to implement projects that facilitate engagement among different stakeholders of the target community
- Overseeing a coordinated communications campaign to educate the public about the specific community
- Educating and engaging state and local policymakers and elected officials about how to create a more welcoming climate for immigrants
- Holding public events to raise awareness on the target community and their priorities
- Training service providers of this target community
- Experience working with the refugee community for a minimum of 3 years preferred
- Applicants must be committed to an ideology of building community power & share our commitment to membership grassroots decision-making
- Is politically conscious about intersectional causes of oppression and resistance, can work and connect easily with other social justice issues and links our state and national work to transnational focus
- Experience winning concrete community advocacy or policy campaigns, mobilizing and coordinating large numbers of people into action, and managing shared skill sets through delegation and accountability for collective impact
- Strong computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent planning and organizational skills with attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and customer service skills; and
- Ability to handle multiple projects with strong time management skills.
Must have their own vehicle and be willing to drive long distances or to travel for at least 1 weekend out of every month
Closing Date: August, 4th, 2017
How to apply: Send a resume, work history and references to firstname.lastname@example.org
# # #
FLIC is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals including women, people of color, persons with disabilities, and lesbians, gay men and transgender individuals.