FLIC has more than 60 member organizations throughout Florida, including farmworkers, undocumented families, students, unions, legal advocates, service provides and other community-based and grassroots organizations.
How does my organization become a member?
If your organization is interested in becoming a FLIC member, download and fill out the application form, and send it via email to email@example.com
Your organizational membership application requires approval by our board of directors which meets in August to approve new member organizations in time for the annual membership meeting in November.
- Nominate and elect the Board of Directors
- Define the structure of FLIC, its direction, and the use of resources. this process is done in person at FLIC Congress or by absentee ballot
- Understand, define, and participate in FLIC’s work which includes members exercising rights, enjoying benefits, and fulfilling responsibilities
- Attend the Annual Congress to vote on organizational priorities and elect Board members.
- Pay for membership and help raise funds and other resources
- Represent the Coalition in a responsible way, reaching out to new communities, helping increase membership in underrepresented sectors of the population