YOU ARE NOT ALONE
Build your Protection Circle of family and trusted peers. These are the people that will get you through the hardest times. ALSO, recruit! Invite other DACA youth and immigrants to have a house-meeting or potluck with you! We are stronger together. We can protect each other.
CALL THE FLIC HOTLINE to learn about your rights: 1-888-600-5762
- Call your Mayor’s Office and ask that the Mayor and County Commission allocate emergency funds to support immigrant legal aid screening for eligibility for alternative forms of relief.
- Organize a caravan: Between now and September 19, there are many opportunities to fight for DACA and TPS in NY and DC. Can your organization organize a delegation to caravan to NY or DC?
- Immigration Clinics! Organize a pro-bono or low cost legal aid screening clinic. Contact us…
- If you have a space that can accommodate 100 or more people
- If you know immigration lawyers that would donate at least 4 hours of their time and services for free or for less than $200.
Call your member of Congress and ask them to COSPONSOR HR3440/S1615, the DREAM ACT 2017: (House Bi-partisan Dream Act), introduced by Rep. Roybal-Allard and Rep. Ros-Lehtinen and Rep. Coffman of Colorado. This bill has a bi-partisan Senate companion co-sponsored by Jeff Flake (AZ) and Lisa Murkowski (AK).
Resources: (click to download)